As we approach another home game this Saturday against Swope Park Rangers, it's time to highlight another of our chants to help you learn it before we sing it on Saturday.
After two road wins on the bounce, we still await our first home goal. So, it may come as no surprise that we turn our attention to our front line, most notably our "Native Son" Chandler Hoffman.
When Chandler was announced as Birmingham Legion's first-ever signing, it was something of a (pipe) dream come true. Therefore, we wanted to greet our hometown hero at the event to mark his signing with some chants.
"He's One of Our Own" was a given, but we wanted something a little more unique. With the team coining the "Native Son" nickname, our minds went straight to this classic...
With an eminently chantable guitar riff built-in, that left us the job of reworking the words to the chorus to transform it into an ode to Hoffman's goalscoring abilities.
After a couple of re-workings, we settled on the following, and invite you to join us in singing it loudly and proudly this Saturday in honor of our #9!
Carry on our native son!
There'll be goals when you are done!
Lay defenders down to rest
Oh, Chandler score some goals!
We've even recorded the chant for your reference - click the button below to listen!
We will be starting at Bessie Estelle Park a little later this week - beginning tailgating festivities at 2pm. The park sits behind the BBVA Compass Field complex and is located at 901 8th St S. However, we will be making our way into the pregame plaza once gates open at 5pm to continue our gathering inside the stadium complex.
If you selected pickup (or ordered student membership) when you ordered your 2019 Brigade membership, you can pick up your scarf and membership card at the tailgate.
TAILGATE AT BESSIE ESTELLE BEGINS: 2:00 PM
PREGAME GATHERING IN THE STADIUM PLAZA: 5:00 PM
MARCH TO THE SUPPORTERS SECTION: 6:30 PM
GAME KICKS OFF: 7:00 PM
• Parking is limited in the immediate area around the park so arrive early to secure the best spots
• If you have a Clutch! parking pass you can park in one of the team lots and make the short walk over to the park to join us
FOOD AND DRINK
• Please bring your own beverages, and be prepared to use solo cups
• We welcome all food contributions - hotdogs, burgers, chips, snacks, desserts, soft drinks
• We have a special entry gate at the back of the stadium complex, down the access road that links Bessie Estelle Park and the stadium. While you are welcome to remain back at the park to continue tailgating, we invite you to enter the stadium with us when gates open at 5pm to be a part of our gathering in the pregame plaza. There, we will continue to hang out and practice our chants and songs ahead of kickoff.
• For those of you who joined us at last Sunday's game, you will know that there will a special little surprise awaiting us in the plaza... so join us to enjoy that if you didn't at the first two home games!
AUBURN VS. VIRGINIA
• ICYMI - the Final Four game between Auburn and Virginia will be shown in the pregame plaza before the Legion FC match kicks off so there's no excuse for you Auburn fans not to be there to enjoy the best of both worlds!
MARCH TO THE SUPPORTERS SECTION
• At around 6:30pm, we will gather to march en masse to the supporters section down the pathway behind the goal/in front of the scoreboard at the West end of the stadium.
We begin a new series with a new chant that we've devised in the day since Birmingham Legion pulled off its dramatic road victory against Louisville.
In a day of historic firsts, it was Prosper Kasim who will forever be known as the player who scored our first official goal, finishing off a fantastic ball from Eric Avila in the 31st minute.
We want to commemorate that moment in song in the following way:
Camptown Races (learn the tune here)
Who scored Legion's first-ever goal?
Who scored Legion's first-ever goal?
Pros-per Kasim! Pros-per Kasim!
Who scored Legion's first-ever goal? Prosper Kasim!